It doesn’t matter how old you are, you want to look good and young. Sometimes our habits can affect not only our health but also our physical appearance. Of course, wrinkles appear as a natural thing.
But we are the ones making our own choices, and the decisions we make, define us. There is no one you can blame for what you have decided. However, you can begin a healthier lifestyle and start to change some old habits.
Even though wrinkles reduction treatments such as LED Light can help, there is something that you need to know before. If your lifestyle is not so healthy, you can not really expect the same results as someone a lot healthier than you. You have to learn how to balance. So, here are some tips that can help you with that! Learn more
Tip 1 : Quit Smoking
1. Quit Smoking. We’ve said it before, smoking is not only bad for your health (smoking is one major cause of stroke, heart disease, and lung cancer), but it also damages your skin and definitely doesn’t help to reduce your wrinkles. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. So, before you even light up a cigarette, think about it twice. You might wanna change your mind.
Tip 2: More Salmon
2. Add salmon to your diet. Are you a sushi lover? Good news. Any kind of fish is good for your skin. Have you ever wonder why Japanese people live longer and look younger? The percentage of obesity in Japan is extremely low, that’s because they have a very healthy lifestyle and their diet is low in (bad) saturated fat. Instead, they increase their daily amount of proteins and they also add carbohydrates. They eat a lot of fish, specially raw fish. Salmon is high in Omega 3, which also helps your skin against skin conditions such as psoriasis, dermatitis etc. It keeps your skin youthful and plump.
Tip 3: More Soy
3. Add more soy to your diet. Speaking of Japanese daily lifestyle, soy can’t be missing in their diet. Soy is another helpful condiment for your skin. Researches have proven that soy improves the structure of the skin and its firmness. You can find soy in many foods such as tofu, miso soup, soy sauce, or soy milk (which is also another good alternative to normal milk)
Tip 4: Sleep Well
4. Get the sleep that you need. When you don’t sleep enough, your body produces a hormone that break the skin cells down, this hormone is called cortisol and the less you sleep, the more you will be producing this hormone. But when you get enough rest, what happens is quite the opposite, your body will produce more Human Grow Hormone and this is the one that you want, because your skin will become thicker and therefore stronger.
Tip 5: Avoid Sun
5. Avoid the sun and wear sunglasses. Now , this is probably the hardest if your are a beach person. It doesn’t mean that you can’t go at all, but be safe with the sun because it destroys skin cells, and wrinkles can eventually appear. If you want to avoid eyes wrinkles, wear sunglasses. And finally wear sunscreen, not only will it protect your skin from the sun and prevent skin cancer, but also it will prevent wrinkles.
Tip 6: Eat Fruits And Vegetables
6. Eat fruits and vegetables. You have probably heard this before whether you were trying to lose weight, decrease your cholesterol levels or any other thing. The fact is, veggies are surprisingly beneficial for many reasons. You should include 5 pieces of fruits and vegetables to your diet each day. They’re antioxidants and help you look younger and glowing. They fight against molecules that damage your skin cells.
Tip 7: Drink Water
7. Drink a lot of water. Water keeps your skin hydrated. The daily average amount of glasses of water recommended for a person is between 8 to 10. Less than that, is probably not enough for your body. It’s important for your long-term health. Even if it doesn’t have a huge impact on your skin immediately, it’s necessary that you maintain your body hydrated as much as possible.
Tip 8: Do Not Over-Wash Your Face
8. Do not over-wash your face. As much as you want your face to be cleaned at all times, make sure you do not put it under water more than twice a day, specially if you’re using face cleansers because this will only damage your skin even more. However if you use cleansers, we strongly suggest you to use them less than thrice a week. Your skin does not need to be exposed to lots of chemicals every single day. Wrinkles will eventually appear in the long term if you over use cleansers.
Tip 9: Sleep On Your Back
9. Sleep on your back. We’ve talked about getting enough sleep earlier on. Now it’s also important to get the right sleep. Does it sound familiar to you when you sleep on one side of the bed or even on the front, and you get those uncomfortable lines around your face sometimes? And they remain there for a long time during the day? Bad news. Over time, they can get permanent, so make sure next time you go to bed, try to sleep on your back
Tip 10: Get Your Vitamin C
10. Get your Vitamin C. Both in food and creams, Vitamin C is essential for good skin. It works as an antioxidant and works perfectly well for your skin as it keeps it plump and radiant. Vitamin C also helps with collagen and elastin growth. Besides that, it boosts your energy levels and keeps you more peppy during the day. You can find Vitamin C mostly in fruits such as oranges, lemons, or strawberries.